Wednesday, April 9, 2008

~The Day After~ & The Church of Oprah

Here is a picture of Ripley taken this evening. He looks like a chunky-monkey (to me). I'm not used to his hair being this long. You can't really tell though in the pic. This next picture was also taken tonight. I wanted to show you his splinting.

It really looks like his leg is in a sling. Because they didn't wrap it tight enough where it wouldn't slip, they made a sling-like and it wraps around his body. It holds it very well. He handles all this well. You would think when we get to the surgeon's office anymore he wouldn't want to go in, but he doesn't seem to mind. That's a plus since we have to go so often. We will be going back tomorrow morning to have the stitches removed and to have his 2 week check up and also to make sure that nothing happened in the accident.



This morning he was using his wrapped leg to swat at a toy. So I guess he is making do with his circumstances.



When I got up this morning my neck and upper body was sore and this has increased a bit throughout the day, but it is just general soreness. I notice it most where my seat belt was and my right arm is pretty sore. The area where the air bag hit my air is now bruising. I am still definitely feeling blessed.



Now on with the hassle. The insurance company has been contacted. The lady who hit me has the same insurance carrier. At first today when the person who handles the accidents through my carrier called me to take my statement and such, she told me the other driver was disputing that her light was green. That bothered me at first, but when I thought about it for a minute I knew she didn't realize that her light was red. I wasn't too worried as there were witnesses. But when she was contacted for her statement she did not dispute this.



They are supposed to go take a look at my car tomorrow, but that probably depends on the weather. It has been rainy, actually it has been POURING today.



I was so frazzled yesterday plus it was just too difficult to get everything out of my car. There really isn't a lot, but there are some things. It's been kind of odd because I think I'm remembering bits and pieces of things. Like, I think I had my sunglasses on my head and I think I remember them flying off.


I was all set up for my rental car. I made the decision for them to pick me up at 5:30 p.m. so I could work as much as possible today. I had a couple of conversations with a certain person and everything was arranged. They had originally started working the claim under my insurance so they could get it moving and after talking to the other driver they switched to hers. When I called the car rental place at 5:00 to give them directions I was advised that this had been DENIED. I wasn't able to talk to the same person from earlier and this person would not listen to anything I had to say. She didn't know what she was talking about. had completely different information than I did. So as it was 5:00 I just gave up because I didn't want to argue with her. I knew it wasn't going anywhere.


So, the insurance claims adjuster arrives at 8:00 and I have to be at Ripley's appointment at 10:00. I have to leave my house at 9:30 to get there in time. Do you think I can get a rental car in time to make that appointment?


Now I wanted to switch to something else that I think needs a lot of ATTENTION.

I got an email from a friend with a youtube link. I had heard about this book and online class, but not any detail.


I think you will find this interesting. OPRAH TOUCHES SUCH A LARGE AUDIENCE...THIS IS NOT GOOD.


After I watched the youtube I went on Oprah's message boards to see what the people were saying. I was thrilled to see that a lot of people were standing up for God. But, I was saddened to see that there were people buying into this.


PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ANY AND ALL!

No comments: