Sunday, March 30, 2008

~A long long 3 months awaits us~

I think as much as I'm missing the little fellow I'm also dreading the next 3 months. It has been different around the house since Thursday morning without Ripley. There was an emergency at the Vet. Surgery Center Friday so his surgery got bumped until late Friday afternoon/evening. I got my call about 7:00 p.m. that he everything was just fine. They were able to get his leg back in place. The plan is to keep it wrapped for about a month so that it can heal and then after that we'll have two more month of no activity so that his leg will heal completely. If all goes as planned, he should be able to have a normal life.

Being as this is our second go, I'm going to have to be even more strict on him and keep him even calmer than I did the last time.

Has anyone ever tried to keep a young dog calm? It isn't easy by any means that's for sure!

I was very surprised, but also happy that when I took him back for his examination last Thursday that it didn't bother him one bit to go back. At least I knew he had received good care there. Both times he has had surgery on Friday and therefore he stays throughout the weekend so that he can be monitored. The surgeon calls me directly after surgery to discuss the surgery and how he did and the technicians are very good about calling me throughout the weekend to give me updates on him.

I know still he will be very ready to come home tomorrow morning. As will I be ready to have him back home.

I'll post a picture of him tomorrow after I pick him up.

No comments: