Sunday, February 24, 2008

~Always Available~


This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that is we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 John 5:14 NIV


"You will never get a busy signal on God's prayer line. The circuits of heaven are never jammed. You can have an audience with God at a stated time in a holy place, or you can talk to him as you run to the next thing in your life. You can get through to God anytime you want.

Ready and constant access to God is your birthright. By being always available, God shows how much you mean to him. You can count on God's focused attention because you count so much to God. God honors who you are to im by listening to everything you have to say.

You can talk to God because you know he listens to you. His ears are always oustretched in your direction." Taken from Quiet Moments in the Presence of God

As I wrote earlier in the week, it has been such a difficult week. I've been trying to help my sister get the medications needed to start on the clinical trial. It seemed that the devil was working against us this week. We had a wonderful day last Saturday. We had a benefit for my sister and brother-in-law to help shoulder some of these costs and raised $13,000 and still counting. I found myself rushing through the week trying to get my work done and trying to accomplish getting these medications so that she could get started in a timely fashion. (Time is important when you have brain cancer, or any cancer for that matter). So, instead of going to God and trusting on him as I should, I found myself trusting no one. Everything got accomplished, but it could have been accomplished in a less stressful manner. God was waiting for me, if only I would have trusted him. My prayer this week is that "I let go and let God."

My sister did start her new chemo medication, as well as numerous other medications. They have made her extremely tired. She has really done nothing more than sleep for the last two days. Please pray that this is temporary and that she is able to adjust to the medications. And, please pray for her complete early healing. The above picture is Jan with her grandbaby taken just 2 weeks prior to finding the brain tumor.
May God Bless You and May you have a Wonderful Week!

No comments: