1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate. I'm not sure if I've ever had Egg Nog, but I don't think I'm missing anything, except calories that I do not need.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped under the tree.
3. Colored light on house/tree or white?
I have 2 Christmas trees. A BIG one that I put colored lights on or a smaller tree that already has clear lights on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No.~ What for? :)
5. When do you put your decorations up?
IF I put decorations up it varies. Usually though the first part of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My Mom's dressing/gravy.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Spending with family at my Grandma McDaniel's house. Waking up at night asking if Santa had come.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
If I remember correctly, Jan's best friend told her and she told me.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Christmas Eve is when our family began opening gifts years ago. When we were young, we opened on Christmas morning, or I think maybe sometimes during the night. I used to wake up before my Mom/Dad would have everything ready asking if Santa had come yet!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I have dough ornaments that I have collected throughout the years, as well as ornaments that my Mom has given me that are old, so I guess maybe Hodge Podge.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Love it. Especially because I don't have to drive on it much these days. I don't mind driving on the snow, except for the OTHER DRIVERS.
12. Can you ice skate?
On my feet or my hiney? Yes, the last time I had ice skates on I could make it around the floor, but not without falling. I do not find it particularly enjoyable.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Chrissy doll was my favorite gift as a child. I guess I got it for Christmas, but not really sure.
I still have her. Actually, she's been stored in my parents attic until almost 2 years ago when my Mom MADE me take all my belongings that I had left at our house. Here is a picture of Chrissy. I just ran out in garage and took it. I must say she does have some bed head hair going on, but really what do you expect after ALL these years.
As an adult, I think my most meaningful/treasured gift was the albums my Mom made after my Dad passed of pictures of and such of her and my Dad, etc.
14. What is the most important think about the holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My Mom's homemade Chocolate Covered Cherries.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Not sure. I have to think on this a bit.
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
GIVING. I would much rather give than receive.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I don't have a favorite. But I like: O Holy Night, When Love Came Down, Merry Little Christmas, I'll be Home for Christmas, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer....too many to pick just one!!
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
Peace in our Family!
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party.
I have at times.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
Usually wear jeans or corduroy pants. Sometimes will wear something Red.
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Now I get to tag 5 people.
1. Laurie @ A Magnolia's Heartbeat
2. Christina @ All That Blog
3. Melanie @ The Fruits of the Spirit
4. Lea @ The Potting Shed
5. Stephanie @ My Sacrifice My Praise
Here are the rules:
1. post the rules on your blog.
2. Fill out the Questions.
3. Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post.
4. Pass on the tag.
Have a great day all!