1 JOHN 5:4 NKJ ~ "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?"
"All of us have a choice: we can either make excuses, or make progress in life.
Most people have an excuse. They are too young or old, short or tall, educated or uneducated -- whatever. We all have some reason to justify our failure.
But when we focus on God and His ability and willingness to help us in every way -- all our excuses become insignificant.
God's intention is not for His children to be defeated by the problems of life. No! The problems of life are opportunities for us to experience God's help and provision.
God plans for His children to overcome.
And faith is available to anyone who will feed on the Bible. Faith comes from God's Word like physical energy comes from eating physical food.
So, if your faith is weak, take in more of God's Word. Then your faith will grow strong. Then you can overcome the problems you face. Then God will be glorified in you.
With the help of God, I(we) will overcome!"
We can accomplish/overcome anything with the help of God. In this devotion I'm sharing today in 1 John it says if we believe Jesus is the Son of Man, we will overcome the world. How? By Faith. Our Faith will grow if we spend more time in God's Word.
I have several things I would ask you join me in prayer:
1. Jan returns to M.D. Anderson on 8/5/08 for lab work and MRI to see how this new chemo is working. Please pray the chemo is shrinking the tumor. Please also pray for minimal side effects, if any.
2. My cousin sees her oncologist tomorrow. This is an appt. to discuss the possibility of changing her chemo from oral to drip. She has a lot of questions and concerns regarding this. Please pray for peace, good results on her blood work and answers needed to make a decision.
3. I took my Mom to the doctor today for a follow up. She is having further testing to "rule out" a few others possibilities. Pray that her tests will return normal.
4. The last time I talked with Brianna about Joyce, she was struggling with the chemo and radiation. Pray the chemo/radiation is working.
5. Last week I came to you with an unspoken prayer request. Would you continue to pray.
6. As I briefly posted last week, I did get a job. Today, I worked with Tech Support to get all the programs downloaded. I'm supposed to begin training tomorrow, but this depends if I get a delivery in time to get this going. Thank you for all your prayers for me regarding a job. I feel really good about this change. And, I know you will rejoice with our family as tonight my brother-in-law and Jan's step-son, David returned home after being away for 6 months. He is in the Air Force Reserves. We praise God for keeping him safe while he has been gone.
Have a BLESSED week!