Thursday, May 1, 2008

~Happiness~

1 PETER 3:10-11 NLT
10 For the Scriptures say, "If you want a happy life and good days, keep your tongue from speaking evil, and keep your lips from telling lies.
11 Turn away from evil and do good. Work hard at living in peace with others.

Why just tolerate life when you can have a happy life?

Obviously, you have some choice in the matter, according to these verses. So, make the obvious choice, and ask God to help you. Notice that the first instructions given in these verses concern the words you speak.

What you say is enormously important, according to the Bible. Yet, most believers are unaware of the importance Scripture places on the words they speak.

Ripley News

It has been 3 months since Ripley's 1st surgery. And 5 weeks this Friday since his 2nd surgery. Wow! Poor fella. His little life has been turned upside down. I'm sure he wonders "what in the world did I do to deserve to have to stay in this crate CONSTANTLY?" I have the answer for him if he asks. Ha! That's not likely to happen.

I think I'm seeing some improvements. It's really hard to tell. We go for another x-ray in a couple of weeks to make sure he didn't do anything in the accident.

I have to give him something daily to keep him calm. It doesn't knock him out. There are times when he is so feisty and you can tell he wants to run and play so badly. But, right back in the crate he goes. It's not a hard decision when you've gone through 2 surgeries, paid $2500 and have a chance of losing his leg.

We have 7 more weeks. At that time, he will be 12 weeks/3 months postoperative. When I think of it, it doesn't sound bad. We can make it.

I'm afraid it will be quite some before I want him jumping even after the 3 months.

Have a happy Thursday!

No comments: