Monday, April 28, 2008

~Need a Haircut?~

"Seventy years are given to us! Some may even reach eighty. But even the best of these years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear, and we are gone... Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom...Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery! Replace the evil years with good. Let us see your miracles again; let our children see your glory at work." (Psalm 90:10, 12, 14-16)

After working at the garage sale Saturday and packing up I came home. I had thought I would just rest and finish studying my lesson for Sunday morning. Well, I did rest for a few minutes and loved on Ripley a bit. After my failed attempt at grooming Ripley myself several weeks ago, I haven't really had the time to attempt this again. His hair grows so fast and is really thick, especially in his chest area. With his hair longer he sheds more and has a harder time breathing. I don't think I've ever let his grow long like a lot of Peke's do. He was beginning to look like a little butterball. Anyway I decided to attempt the grooming again. I got out the new clippers and started buzzing away. I started with a longer blade to try to get some of the hair off first and then switched down to a shorter blade. I spent 1 1/2 hours buzzing this hair AND I'm still not done. It is a good thing he sits still for me especially since I'm not the one who usually grooms him. I guess this comes from getting groomed monthly. Now I just need to go back in and shape his hair and even him out a bit. My main goal Saturday was to get all the hair off. Even though we are not finished, he still looks so much better. I'm sure he feels better to get that hair off.

I was really surprised that once all the hair was off he didn't look like he's gained any weight at all. So, he's probably lost a few pounds in the last few weeks and I'm sure the hair made him look bigger.

He's still confined to the crate the majority of the time. He's tolerating it well. I don't want to take any chances. I'm a little worried about the leg because of the accident. We return for a checkup in a few weeks and they will x-ray the leg and hopefully it will be healing nicely.

No comments: