Tuesday, April 1, 2008

~Looking Forward to Wednesday~

Ripley ~ When he was about 6 -7 weeks old.

Isn't it sad how at times we seem to take life, family, friends for granted until we are hit in the face with things such as the serious illness my sister is going through. We don't seem to always make the time that we should to be with the people we care the most about. I know since November I have made a point to do whatever is needed and spend as much time as I can with my family, but most especially my sister. I am in no way assuming she's leaving us ANYTIME SOON, but I want to make things easier for her. I cannot begin to imagine how tough it is to walk in her shoes. I've tried to put myself in her shoes, but its impossible.

I don't want this cancer to consume her life or any of the lives of anyone in our family. I want her to have fun. I want her to feel good. I want her to know that God is there to carry her when the load is too heavy and that we are there to walk beside her to do whatever it is that she needs us to do.

She is the youngest of three girls. She has a mother and two older sisters that would do anything for her. If her Dad were still here and cancer hadn't taken his life, he would be right here with us. She's our baby sister. She also has the most wonderful husband who loves her. He has shown his love more than ever in these last 5 months. She has shown such Grace as she has walked this road of almost 5 months now. We Praise God she's doing fantastically!

We have set up a blog that she updates with her day-to-day happenings and needs. There are people all over checking her blog and they are praying for her. My heart is overflowing because people that do not even know my sister care enough about her to come to her blog to check on her and to pray for her.

But, Satan is working to try to break up our family! Right now it seems he's getting his way in some regard. He doesn't want us praising God. He doesn't want us using the blog to tell the World what Our God is doing for our precious sister. But Jan will not stop her blog and neither will I. We want everyone to know that because of God's Grace Jan is alive today. Plus all the great things he has done and continues to do.

Please pray that our family will be restored as it is fractured at this time.

Tomorrow I have the honor of spending the day with Jan. We have lab work, nail appointment, shopping for Jan's wedding dress for Dewayne's wedding, and looking for a new wig on our agenda. I'm so excited to spend the day with her.


This is how Ripley has spent the majority of the day ~ on his egg crate bed next to my office chair.

Mr. Ripley is really have a tough time with this surgery. I'm not sure if it is because it is so close on the heals of his last surgery (7 weeks). But I can tell he is struggling with some pain issues and such. He's having a hard time getting comfortable with this wrap on his leg. He has done nothing but sleep which I guess is good, at least that way he is staying out of TROUBLE. But I am a bit concerned about him. I guess I'll probably see how he is doing tomorrow and then check with his surgeon.

Why turn anywhere for help in time of need except to God? He is ready and able to help.
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9

2 comments:

Jenn_N_Luc said...

Hi Cheryl! THanks so much for your comments. Yes, it is hard at times. I COMPLETELY understood your comment too about Satan trying to break your family apart. He is also hard at work in my family. And, unfortunatly seems to be getting his way there too. My mom and I try to be strong in our faith...but I feel satan pulling us down with the rest. I HATE that defeated feeling! I KNOW KNOW KNOW GOD is GOOD and GOD is in CONTROL! And I just DESPARATELY anticipate the day the clouds are cleared and GOD will get ALL the glory for seeing us RIGHT THROUGH this storm! I pray you get that day of GLORY one day soon too!

I am also so envious of those sisters who have such a close friendship. I have always wanted that with my sister...but again Satan has made sure that can't happen. At this point, I'm not sure we will ever be close again...but again, only GOD knows how that will turn out. So... I give it to HIM.

Thanks for Ripley's update too. I knew this surgery would not be easy. Lucie is just so playful and energetic. The ONLY way to keep her calm would be a sedative! :-) So...we will do our best!

Is your sister's blog listed on your page? I'd love to check in on her progress too...and will definitely keep her in my prayers.

Enjoy your day with your sister!

Jenn_N_Luc said...

Glad you and your sister had a fun day yesterday. Hope her headaches are better today.

Feel to email me if you'd like. It is jenrouse1@cox.net.