Wednesday, March 5, 2008

~Awareness~


The month of May is BRAIN CANCER AWARENESS month. Before November 13, 2007 I, probably like many, thought brain cancer was RARE. Since then I have become AWARE that it is not so RARE.
We as a family want to bring awareness and help support, especially the Oklahoma Brain Tumor Foundation.
We have been blessed in the last four months as we began this journey. Although there are times that have been tough, the blessings have been Great.
We also want God to be praised and His will to be done.
We received an email regarding Steffanie's Law. Before March 12, we need to contact Representatives to help get this law passed. It is sad to say that when a person has a major illness, especially cancer, that you have to fight (at times) for the insurance companies to pay for hospital and doctors visits, as well as treatments whether they be clinical trials or FDA approved.
There is a reason why God allowed Jan to have brain cancer. We may never know the reason(s). We are leaning heavily on our Faith. I want it to be seen in me that my days are filled with things that count for Christ. I want my actions to show that I'm steadfast and immovable. I know there may be times when we will be tested, but I pray that I stand firm in my faith.
I put the picture of sweet Aubree. She has been such a joy. We are seeing things that God orchestrated months before the cancer was found. One being that He brought Ms. Aubree to our family at just the right time. She is such a light and distraction for all. She is one of the reasons her Grammy is fighting so hard at this time.
So, we will take it one step at a time. We will hope and pray that our God has plans for Jan to be with us for years to come. We won't worry about what tomorrow holds, but will live and enjoy our family.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

No comments: