Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fear or Faith

Here it is Sunday evening. The last few weeks have flown by since Jan has been home from M.D. Anderson. Tonight, her and Gerald are back in Houston. Tomorrow is TEST day. We will see how the first round of treatment of radiation/chemo has worked.

I titled this blog entry "Fear or Faith" because I just got a reply from an email I had sent my cousin early this evening. She is also facing her own battle with cancer (Leukemia) and made a note that she has to keep reminding herself that the opposite of FEAR is FAITH.

Just rest in the Lord. This is what I should be doing. Trust the Lord. This is SO much easier said than done! This is my baby sister, her health, her life, and her future is all at stake! She has so much to live for. I feel guilty that she's the one with brain cancer.

Life is hard! God never said it would be easy. It just seems to be getting harder. It just seems like our family has been hit hard lately and the hits still keep coming.

Please pray for great results tomorrow for Jan; peace, wisdom for the doctors in the decisions for future treatment, wisdom for Gerald and I to know which treatment will be the best for me and lastly for safe travel.

Please also pray for other pending testing for our family that these results will be favorable. Please pray for our little Missy. She suffered an accident Friday. Please pray for no lasting problems or deficits from this accident.

We have a lot of health issues and problems, but yet so much to be thankful for.

I'll leave you with this devotional tonight:

Press On

PHILIPPIANS 3:13-14

Weymouth13 ...one thing I do--forgetting everything which is past andstretching forward to what lies in front of me,14 with my eyes fixed on the goal I push on to secure the prizeof God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus.

Believers face many difficulties. Trials. Adversaries. Doubts.At times we're all tempted to quit. The struggle seems toomuch, and we wonder if it's worth it to continue, to hold on toour faith when there seems to be no hope left.

But there is a goal -- supremely worthwhile: life with ourwonderful Lord. Not just existence, but intimate fellowship.

No comments: