Wednesday, December 31, 2008

~WFW~ Blessings, Joy & Desires of the Heart~






True Joy

Numbers 6: 24-26 "The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

John 10:10 "A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, but I came to give life—life in all its fullness. NCV"

NIH ~ "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

NIH ~ Reader's Version ~ But he said to me, "My grace is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So I am very happy to brag about how weak I am. Then Christ's power can rest on me."

Jesus didn't die for us so we could be joyless and miserable. Just like in John 10:10 he said, "He came so we could have life and ENJOY IT."

My prayer is that in 2009, you are granted "the desires of your heart."

Janet/Gerald at back at MD Anderson. I'm not sure what her schedule is, but I think she probably did her testing tonight, and will see her oncologist tomorrow. Or at least that is the norm. I think other than some stomach issues from the medicines, she is feeling good. Please pray that she will be given the desire of her heart which is NO CANCER OR SHRINKING IN SIZE OF THE TUMOR(S). It would be a grand way to leave 2008!

For more, WFW ~ go to http://the160acrewoods.com/

Love,
Cheryl

4 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful post dear, my prayers are with precious Janet. I love you.

Michele Williams said...

I pray the Lord gives Janet the desires of her heart! Lovely post. Thank you for sharing. Blessings....

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful WFW, Cheryl. I will be praying with all my heart for Jan. May this be a cancer-free tumor-shrinking year for her! I loved the Scripture and picture you posted. Lovely. Happy New Year and Happy WFW to you, my friend. Love, Laurie Ann

Susan said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year!

Praying for a GOOD REPORT for Jan, once again.

It's been so great getting to know you Cheryl.

Blessings to you and your family in 2009!