Wednesday, September 3, 2008

~Thankful Thursday~In Everything Give Thanks~



1 THESSALONIANS 5:18 NKJ
~ in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in
Christ Jesus for you.

Are you giving thanks to God today? You should. If you want to
be happy, you must. For, without being thankful, you will never
be happy.

Just because things are not going the way you would like is no
excuse. The Bible clearly says that God's will for you is to be
thankful -- always.

The Bible does NOT teach that we're to thank God for evil,
because God is not responsible for evil. No, God is not guilty
of any wrongdoing.

What the Bible does teach, is that we should always be thankful
-- even when evil happens. Being thankful is part of an
attitude of faith, and faith will overcome evil.

Although the Bible does say we should give thanks to God FOR
all things, that only means the things for which God is
responsible. For example, if a guest at your home said, "Thank
you for everything," you wouldn't think they were thanking you
for what someone else did.

God doesn't do bad things to people. He's not the one who comes
to steal, kill, and destroy. That's the devil, and people
motivated by selfishness and demonic influence. So you have the
devil "to thank" for the bad things in life.

Yet, during the bad things in life, we are to continue thanking
God, no matter how we feel. This helps us keep our eyes on God
and keep things in perspective.

No matter how dark and hopeless the situation may look -- give
thanks. This is God's will for you.

Thank God for the opportunity to see His deliverance. Thank Him
for His mercy and grace. Thank Him for His faithfulness. Thank
Him for defeating the devil and setting you free in Christ.
Thank Him that Jesus is Lord. Thank Him that your name is
written in Heaven. Thank Him for loving you and taking good
care of you. Thank Him!

In everything I will give thanks to God for what He is doing. All God does is for my good.Here are a couple of pictures I took of Ripley last week. I had ordered some medicine online for him. It is a chewable, so I ordered it in a larger dose with the thought that I could break it in half and it would not be so expensive. I guess because of this, they thought I had a bigger dog. (When placing orders online for Ripley, they always send a dog bone treat. I had planned to give it to him in pieces since it was so big, but went ahead and let him have it. He spent quite some time whining because he couldn't find a "good" place to hide it. He always has difficulty on deciding where to hide things, but more so now, since he doesn't have access to the whole house. I didn't particularly think his place he chose to hide his bone was all that original. What do you think?
Thankful Thursday is hosted by Iris at Sting My Heart.

Be Thankful this Thursday!




18 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, bless you for this sweetie.

Anonymous said...

so true. even if things aren't going our way, even if we don't understand... thank God is His will for us.

ripley's really cute. =D

God bless.

Amy said...

Very very true! I really appreciate your post.

Nancie said...

Beautiful post, Cheryl! What a precious reminder that the Bible clearly says that God's will for us is to be thankful always, irrespective of our situations. We have so much to be thankful daily even in difficult situations. Yes, being thankful is part of an
attitude of faith, and faith will overcome evil. Thank God that we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us! Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

'God doesn't do bad things to people.'
I loved that Cheryl; it is so true. He may allow bad things in order to bring out something good, because he is a good God.

Debra Kaye said...

Cheryl,

This was beautiful! May you have a thursday filled with all things Jesus!

~Amy~ said...

For my eyes only, I think.... I so needed this today. Bless you for it.

Anonymous said...

Indeed! Our Lord doesn't teach us to give thanks some times. He doesn't teach us to give thanks most times. He teaches us to give thanks at ALL times, in all situations. Is that challenging? Of course! Is it possible? In the power of His Holy Spirit, yes.
Thanks for the great post.

Melanie said...

What a great post, Cheryl! Yes, we SHOULD ALWAYS be thankful... no matter what is going on in our lives. God blesses each of us regardless!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

P.S. -- Yes, we have enjoyed some cooler weather yesterday and today. This morning coming in to work I actually felt a bit of cool air in the breeze. Aaahhh... how refreshing! So glad you're getting some of the cooler weather, too!

Laurie Ann said...

Great post, Cheryl! God is not the author of the evil things that happen, that's for sure! Thanks for reminding me to give thanks in all things. Ripley looks like a sweetheart! Happy TT!

Marsha said...

As always you bless my heart. What a wonderful encouragement.

Have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

You are dear sweet person God bless...

Michele Williams said...

Beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing.

The Shabby Secret Garden said...

Hi Cheryl,
I've missed you!
So happy to visit my Cheryl at HOPE, today!
I've heard people say before that God put this on them or that... and I"m with you... God loves His children, and it is the devil who's out wreaking havoc... killing, stealing and destroying... ~ I'm SO THANKFUL to have Jesus and the very WORD OF GOD that teaches us the TRUTH aren't you?!
My love to little Ripley... silly little begger. He sure hid his bone didn't he? Does he think you're BLIND? lol Give him a smoochy for me!
Lea
Jan's pic makes me smile on your sidebar! Love that picture!

Leaon Mary said...

It's me again marguerite!
I just realized I commented under my the shabby secret garden blog... IM A DINGDONG... you probly didn't even know that was me did you? LOL
Just wanted to say hi AGAIN!
Lea

i said...

So true! Thank you for these reminders.

Ripley is adorable! Hmm...that's not a very good hiding place there hehehe...

Have a blessed weekend!

Christina said...

Well written. This is something that is easily forgotten in times of adversity so it is a good reminder to keep our eyes on the Lord and be always thankful to Him.

Beth K. Vogt said...

I took the time to do exactly what you said to do--and thanked God for everything you said to thank him for.
It was so refreshing and helped me refocus during a tough week.
Thank you!
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee