Friday, September 12, 2008

~Statistics~

Tomorrow will be 10 MONTHS since Jan was taken (emergently) to the hospital. We were lucky in that Jan's daughter-in-law, Katie works for the hospital where she was taken, and was working that day. They were on standby waiting for when she arrived. I'm sure she was seen quicker because of this. Within a few minutes a CT had been performed and reported several tumors in her brain. Next, an MRI was done and we were advised she either had an abscess or tumor. We prayer for the abscess. However, it was what we would later find out the most aggressive type of brain cancer, GBM (glioblastoma multiforme).

I tell you this today, because we did not know if on September 12, today, Jan would still be here. Why do you say is September 12 so important. It is because it is her BIRTHDAY.

Mom, Donna, Jan and myself went to lunch today for her birthday. We had a great time!

I have to run, but will be back shortly to post pics from lunch, and to relay some more history.
Blessings!


5 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

I love how God has been at work in her life. Thank you for sharing more of Jan's history with us, and I look forward to reading more about it. I'm so glad you had a great time today -

Happy Birthday, Jan!

Gone said...

That's awesome...there's power in prayer!!!

Happy Birthday, Jan!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Melanie said...

How awesome is God!

Happy Birthday to Jan!

Have a great weekend!

Tracy said...

Praising the Lord my friend. I bet lunch together was extra special this year! Can't wait to see the photos and read more.

Happy Birthday Jan!!! = )

Hugs,
Tracy

Sheryl said...

Oh Praise God!

Happy Birthday, Jan!!

-Sheryl