Monday, September 8, 2008

~I'm Pathetically Slow~

In the last 6 weeks or so, I've been given several blogger awards, and while I thanked each blogger at the time (or close to it), I am just now thanking them for their kindness and generosity in sharing these awards with me, in order to introduce you to some blogs you may not have met. So, gals, please accept my apologies for being so slow.

As some of you are aware, I started a new job, I think it was the last week of July when I began training, and even though I was released from training after one day, there was and still is a lot that I have and am learning about my job. Added to that, I have been working with a local pastor here in Oklahoma on a novel he has written. This is a long process, partly because he had written this novel in longhand. It has just come back from the 1st edit, so I have been working this as well. I'm not at liberty, at this time to say anything about the novel, because it has not been published, so if/when it is, then I will share it with you. I can tell you it is a Christian based novel. The editing of the book came at the very best time financially, so I feel very blessed.

Okay, now on to the awards...

First, for the month of July, a new friend, Colored Heart at Clay in the Potters Hand blessed me with her blog award. She lives in the Phillipines and has an awesome ministry. The last several weeks, her children have been ill, and I'm sure she would love it if you prayed for their health. If you have not visited her, please do.
Next, I was honored to receive 2 awards from Lea at Shabby Old Potting Shed. Lea always puts a smile on my face. She is so precious. Please visit her also if you have not, she will make your day. Lea passed on the several weeks ago, the Kindness Award and then this last Friday, the Brillante Weblog award. Lea, thank you. You are such a sweet lady.

I recently was awarded the "Sharing the Love" award from Peggy at Mazes, Messes, Miracles..Amazing Grace AND from Nancie at More than Conquerors. Peggy and Nancie are both beautiful women. They blessed so many with this award. They spent a ton of time going through individually listing blogs that they wanted to share with. Peggy included this in her 100th post sharing with at least 100 people, but I'm willing to say it was more than that. Nancie shared with close to 80 people. Thank you ladies for including me in "Sharing the Love."

Sharing the Love was created by Crystal @ Memoirs of a Mommy in honor of her son, Noah and the donor of his sweet little heart who ENCOURAGES us to SHARE THE LOVE ! Thanks Crystal! [To read about this special story, click above on Memoirs of a Mommy!]

Now, Nancie also shared the "Friendship Award" with me. Thank you Nancie. You have a heart of gold.




Now, lastly, but for sure not least, my neighbor friend (Texas) Kristi @ Kiki's Corner blessed me with "Gratitude with Attitude." I do have an attitude, but it's not always one of gratitude. Kristi, you've got me thinking. I need to be more gracious.


Ladies, thank you for sharing with me. I'm sorry I am so slow. I also want to apologize TO ALL for being very sporadic about leaving you comments on your blog(s). I have had good intentions, but to be quite honest, "this job has kicked my hiney" somewhat. Hopefully the worst is behind me, you'll be seeing me around more now that I'm somewhat settled in.

I've made the decision not to pass these awards on to anyone specifically. I think most have received them, but if you have not and would like any of them, PLEASE TAKE ANY OR ALL, and be blessed my friend(s).

Have a great week!


1 comment:

Peggy said...

Congratulations Cheryl! You deserve each one! And one for that new job too!...May God bless you with all you need to keep on keepin' it on!
I don't know how you find time to blog and work at learning a new job! Lots have homeschooling and work and family, etc. but you have taken on alot...please take care of yourself...and I know you have an attitude of gratitude, I see it all the time in your TT & HOPE FOR EACH DAY posts...as you ask for prayer & pray for others! To God be the glory! Peace and pace on this new job & blog...you can only be stretched so far! Thinking of ya' and praying still! Blessings!