Saturday, July 5, 2008

TSMS- Saturday ~ Who Am I ~ Casting Crowns


Esphesians 2: 8-9 ~ For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.

Psalm 147:11 ~ the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Romans 3:24 ~ and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 9:30 ~ What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;

Psalm 25:11 ~ Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.

Jan/Gerald will leave Monday to return M.D. Anderson for testing on Tuesday/Wednesday. Please pray for safe travels, no tumor growth while on no treatment, and for her to pass the requirements for this clinical trial IF it is God's will that she be on this trial. If it is not, please have God open the door to what treatment she should be on IMMEDIATELY, so she can get started on treatment again.

Joyce had a lung biopsy on Wednesday. At the time of the biopsy the doctor punctured her lung. It wasn't until Friday afternoon that they were able to get her lung to stay inflated. She hasn't had the PET CT scan as of yet because of all these other problems. They do have part of the results back on the biopsy and she has "NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCER." This is the better of the two, if you can say that with any cancer. Please pray that the cancer has not metastasized. Please also remember Joyce is not a Christian.

Please remember my cousin also who has CLL. She is contemplating a new clinical trial.

PLEASE PRAY ALL 3 OF THESE WOMEN HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF PEACE! They each have a different type of cancer. Please pray God will intervene here with complete earthly healing.

Thanking God today for His gift of salvation and also for our Freedom!

For more "Then Sings My Soul Saturday" posts visit Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders

9 comments:

Darlene said...

I love this song. Casting Crowns is one of my favorite groups.

I will be praying..
Pray for my family too. Things are going on that I can't talk about right now.

Blessings,
Darlene

Peggy said...

ooooooo Cheryl...another one of my favorites by Casting Crown...and HE IS WHO HE says...HE is Healer, Comfortor, our Peace, our Provider, our Provision, our Refuge, our Strength,...endless list...and all these for these 3!
Keeping the prayer vigil going!
I'm so sorry too hear the problem Joyce had, and about your cousin also (I guess I missed about her before).Ephesians 2 as their starting verse makes this beautiful video so touching! I pray that Joyce would listen to this song and know Who she is...
and that HE would light the way for her every wandering heart, not because of her current situation, but because He's been waiting a long time to get her attention!

Praise God that HE hears us when we CALL...and WE ARE YOURS, LORD!

Lifting Darlene also in prayer for her family difficulties!

Be blessed and enjoy a wonderful weekend celebrating our great freedom BECAUSE of WHAT HE HAS DONE and all those fighting to defend our freedom! May HE catch you every time...may your flower never fade but continue to bloom and grow eternally with all 3 above

Lauren said...

I love this song too!

I said a prayer for the requests in this posts. My grandfather was just diagnosed last week with small cell carcinoma, and those struggling with cancer have a special tug on my heart at the moment.

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! (And I love your background!)

Mocha with Linda said...

Love the song.

"Lord I pray for Your hand to be on each of these women. I ask for Your healing touch. I pray for your divine Presence to cover them and sustain them as they walk through their journeys, and that they will know that they do not travel it alone, but that You are holding them in Your loving hand."

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Cheryl,

I ABSOLUTELY love this song...Casting Crowns, the words, the whole thing...thanks for sharing it.

Also, thanks for sharing your prayer requests, I will keep these ladies in my prayers.

Take Care,
Melissa

Christina said...

Still praying.

I love Casting Crowns and this is one of their best songs in my opinion.

Laurie Ann said...

I absolutely lov ethe song and the group. And please know that I'm praying praying praying. Fixing to log off the computer after this comment and pray type praying. God is bigger than cancer. May His direction be made known. *Hugs*

A Stone Gatherer said...

Cheryl, my heart goes out to these women! I will pray for them! My husbands sister is battling cancer as well! It is a long road! Thanks for the wonderful song! So many of Casting Crowns songs speak right to the heart don't they!

Lisa Cobler said...

Esphesians 2: 8-9 is one of my favorite passages. Beautiful song and video.