Friday, June 6, 2008

~Then Sings My Soul Saturday ~ You Raise Me Up~



Psalms 89: 5-18

II Corinthians 4: 7-9, 16-17

UPDATES & PRAYER REQUESTS:

Please remember Jan. I know this questionable MRI is weighing on her. She also is worn out from the quick trip to Houston and back. My Mom told me just a bit ago that Jan also found out today that their insurance is denying coverage on this new study. I'm going to work on getting the insurance company to reconsider this. Please pray that they will, so they don't have to pay for it out of pocket. Also, remember Jan's husband. He works for OG&E and worked before they left for Houston, drove to Houston and back, then worked from very early Thursday morning to 3:45 a.m. because of storms here and then went back out at his normal time and worked late tonight.

"Peace" ~ Please pray for Jan and our family to have a sense of Peace. We are getting together tomorrow night, so this will be good.

Gracie ~ I got a couple of emails from my cousin, Brooke, Gracie's Mommy today. The CT results are in. She does not have hydrocephalus which is GREAT. However, she does have a subdural hematoma and she has evidence of have a mild stroke. The bleed is not active and the stroke is not new. They are thinking this occurred at the time of her surgery. Please pray that Gracie doesn't have any long term side effects from this.

I also have another couisin who has leukemia and in the next few months is facing the possibility of going on a clinical trial. They have been unable to get her in remission with a pill-form of chemo. Pray for peace and knowledge in here also.

Pray for all the doctors who are involved with each of the above. Pray for the best possible treatments to be offered with excellent results.

For more "Then Sings My Soul Saturday" posts visit Amy at Signs, Miracles and Wonders



8 comments:

Darlene said...

I love this song! I haven't heard it in a while. So good to hear it again.

Have a great weekend!

Peggy said...

Cherly...I pray HE RAISES YOU UP TODAY & JAN WITH HIS LOVING ARMS
wrapped around you both and bringing the BEST council(v.6)for all decisions being made!

This is an excellent choice and all the rest of the choices bring HIS EXCELLENCE & Wisdom with His Favor for all needing HIS GRACE!
Peace in all...praying...for rich blessings and DIVINE healing for family...God bless you...Rise above and find rest...

Mocha with Linda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this song and Selah's rendition of it.

Lana said...

Selah... I love them and this song.
Thanks for sharing it.

sharon brobst said...

Oh the POWER of God!!! He raises us up and we can be more than we can be...if we just rely fully on Him and allow Him to work through us...

Oh the power of God....

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Absolutely SPEECHLESS!!! Great great reminder for us all!

Melissa

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

I love this song and love this version the absolute best! This video is so powerful, I have chills right now. Just seeing the baptism with the man being raised out of the water a new person - the church walls raising up to build a house for the Lord. Beautiful!

Christina said...

I will pray for Jan, Gracie and your family. I hope that everything works out with the insurance company. My mom has leukemia and has had some battles with insurance and she also has not been able to be put in remission. She is doing okay now, but is in rehab since she broke her hip while in treatment at Sloan Kettering. She tried to get out of bed herself and that was that. I pray for both of our families in this time of need.

PS great song especially for this moment in time. Like the singer I did this singer has the same talent, making the song come alive.