Tuesday, June 3, 2008

~Testing & Prayer~

This morning my sister, Jan and her husband Gerald left for for M.D. Anderson for her testing.

The following is her schedule for testing. If you are able, please join us as we pray specifically at these times:

Lab ~ 7:00 p.m. tonight; and
MRI ~ 8:00 p.m. tonight
Oncologist appointment ~ 2:00 p.m. 6/4/08 ~ Wednesday

I would ask that you take this to the throne of God. Specifically asking: peace, excellent results, wisdom for the doctors, wisdom for Jan & Gerald and lastly for safe travel. Please pray that Jan will remain positive with a bright outlook on her future.

Jan and I had a really nice long talk last night. She is on chemo this week, so please pray that this trip will not be too exhausting for her as well. The long car ride is hard on her when she is on the chemo. I would ask that you pray that these medications are able to do what they are intended to do.

I'll share a bit of something I read recently. I might have shared it on my blog before, but it is so appropriate for our family as we await Jan's test results.

Faith and Fear:

"The antidote to suffocating, stifling, stagnating fear is simple faith.""If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer. His grace is sufficient, His promise unchangeable." Written by John Newton.

"So don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you; I will support you with my right hand that saves you." Isaiah 41:10

"One of the greatest promises of God is that we don't have to face our fears alone. He is always with us; never will He forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).

In fact, when we truly experience His love, fear is cast away (1 John 4:18).

Why? Love is what must be present for trust to flourish.

God will: Help you in trouble ~ Psalms 46:1-2
Provide your needs and give you peace ~ Philippians 4:6-7
Eliminate fear ~ Leviticus 26:6
Give boldness ~ Proverbs 28:1

Since we truly experience His love, we can walk boldly, with a sense of confidence to God and let Him handle all the anxieties that trouble us.

Please pray that our family will remain steadfast in our Faith and that we will not give in to Fear.
Nothing can rob you of joy, confidence, optimism and opportunities more quickly than a spirit of fear.

"I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge --that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19

I would also ask that you continue to please pray for this family matter that I mentioned previously.

No comments: