Tuesday, May 20, 2008

~WFW~





South East Missouri - Alley Springs

He who is in charge of Heaven and Earth is searching for our heart. And upon this surrender the unusual outcome will be that we are set free. No prison for His captives. No, unusual captor of hearts is known as One who "raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap, to make them sit with princes" (Ps.113:7-8 NAS). So what are we waiting for? "O LORD, you have searched me and you know me…you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD…My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place... All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be…" Psalm 139:1, 4, 15-16 NIV

To the One who knows me inside out – let me love You from the inside out. "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24 NIV


We have a very serious family matter that I would like you pray about. What worries/frightens me the most is that my sister is in the midst of the fight for her life. She has one of the most aggressive forms of brain cancer. This family matter unfortunately affects her, as well as the rest of the family. Please pray that God will soften hearts and open ears to hear what is really being said. Pray that God will cease vicious talk talk. BUT ESPECIALLY PRAY THAT GOD WILL PLACE A HEDGE OF PROTECTION AROUND JAN. PRAY THAT HER ATTITUDE WILL REMAIN POSITIVE and PRAY THAT SHE WILL HAVE PEACE.

Thanks!

To find more Word-filled Wednesdays, visit 160AcreWoods!

8 comments:

Nancie said...

Cheryl,

This is a lovely photo and encouraging verses. Thank God that He knows our heart and He is doing a deeper work in us daily.

I am praying for Jan. May God protect her and strengthen her. May He surround her with His love and peace.

Thanks for sharing. Blessed WFW!

Nancie

Anonymous said...

Your picture you posted is so peaceful thank you for sharing. I also have said a prayer for you and your family and will keep your sister in my prayers.

Joyfull said...

What a beautiful picture and such comforting and inspiring verses. God truly knows us inside and out and can fix all of our wrongs and make them right.
Your sister and family will be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Holding your sis and your family in my prayers! All things are possible with God...we're all rooting for you.

God bless you and your family!

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing these Scriptures, Cheryl. I really needed to read them today.

Lord, I pray for healing both of Jan's body and the family in general. Heal their broken and hurting hearts and restore your peace to their family. Amen!

Blessings,
Elisa

Kelley said...

I am so grateful we serve a God who has gone before us and laid the foundation upon which we stand. Nothing touches us except that which has been sifted through His hands and we can trust Him! What an awesome collection of scripture as to who God is! I will pray for your sister, Jan, and all of your family.

If you haven't seen it yet, watch the Louie Giglio presentation on Laminin (I watched it last night on another blog and it is powerful!).

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for Jan. What a hard road to walk down.

God Bless

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Amen, Cheryl! I love psalm 139...

I did pray for your precious sister. Lord, we do lift up this daughter, crying out for Your mercy. Lord, we pray a hedge of protection around her, especially guarding her against any negative talk or hurtful words. Lord, we pray for healing of mind, body, and spirit. Lord, help Jan to keep her eyes on You, resting in You, filled with the peace that passes all understanding. This peace will keep and guard her heart and mind in Christ Jesus. In the Savior's precious name we pray. Amen.

Praying you will be overflowing with His hope.
Love,
Tracy